Friday, July 9, 2010

My Lunch

Usually lunch is a chicken breast and sometimes I get creative. It can be boring eating the same thing over and over. Hubby always tells me I am going to grow feathers from eating so much chicken. You know what I say to that? In his own words...blah blah blah. Now this recipe is not for the person who does not like sour. I happen to have a sour palate so this is one of my favorite lunches.

Servings: 1
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min

Ingredients

1 Chicken breast
3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
3-4 Chives
4 Basil leaves
1/2 Mexican gray squash (or your favorite type of squash)
10 Grape tomatoes
10-15 Calamata olives

Put 2 Tbs of oil in a small saute pan. Dice chives and basil. Place chicken breast in pan and cover both sides with the diced herbs. Slice the squash thinly and add to the pan. Turn on the heat to medium-high while you prepare the rest.

Slice the tomatoes in half and add to the pan. Slice the olives in quarters and add to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to medium and add the last tablespoon of oil on top of the mixture.

Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes on one side. Resist stirring unless you feel you are running low on oil. Turn chicken and vegetables over. Allow to finish. Vegetables should be soft, chicken should be cooked through. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment